The best roast potatoes you will ever make…
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 lb hickory smoked, thick sliced bacon
3 1/2 lbs Yukon Gold Potatoes
1 Drop of Garlic Spice Drop
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Fresh ground pepper
1. We start with the potatoes, scrub them clean, if you like the skin leave it on if, not then simply peel them. Cut them into serving size pieces I usually quarter them or half them depending on there size. Put the potatoes in a saucepan and cover them with approximately a couple of inches of water. Bring the water to boil and cook the potatoes for 10 to 15 minutes depending on their size.
2. If you’re looking for a vegetarian recipe then you can skip this part.
If not then partially freeze the bacon (it makes it easier to cut 10-12 minutes is all you need) Slice the bacon in to ½ inch pieces and cook the bacon until golden but not crunchy. Put the cooked bacon onto a plate with a paper towel to sock up any excess oil. Keep the bacon drippings that are in the pan.
3. Check the potatoes with a fork or a sharp knife, if it is easy to go through the potatoes it is ready and you can take them of the stove to cool.
4. Pre heat the oven to 425degrees, mine the parsley and grate the parmesan cheese.
5. Now its time to get the baking sheet ready brush 1 tablespoon of olive oil and half the bacon dripping.
6. Once the potatoes are cooled place them on the baking sheet and give them some salt and pepper seasoning. Place in your oven at 425degrees for 35-40 minutes. Rotate potatoes half way through to get an all round baked potato colour.
7. Combine the parmesan with the bacon and a drop or 2 (depending on taste preference) of your garlic Spice Drop
8. Reduce the temperature to 375degrees, turn the potatoes over and sprinkle the cheese and bacon mix.
9. Add more salt and pepper if you like. Return to the oven for 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are evenly browned and the cheese has melted. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve them straight away! Makes 4-6 servings